Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Hill Cafe

Exterior

Hill Café
17 Putnam Avenue
Brooklyn, NY
718-230-3471
www.hillcafe.net

            My boyfriend chose this restaurant for our first date anniversary. Needless to say I was super impressed with his choice! Upon entering we were seated immediately, unfortunately there was a party outside, so we were unable to sit outside and it was definitely the most perfect, gorgeous day for it. 
Interior
Our waitress did not speak very good English and did not know what we meant by “bottomless mimosas.” Luckily, one of the owners happened to be sitting behind us and informed us that they do in fact have bottomless mimosas for $15 each. 
Everything on the menu sounded delicious, it was so hard for us to choose our entrees.  But I decided on the chicken and waffles. My boyfriend had the steak and eggs. This is a French restaurant and the chicken wasn’t fried, it was chicken paillarde. Initially I was a little weary; however, it was delicious! And it was topped with a mix of tomatoes, onions and cilantro. Underneath was one of the best waffles I’ve ever had in my life.
Chicken and Waffles
The waffle was crispy on the outside, yet soft & fluffy on the inside and very tasty. Instead of syrup, it’s served with a delicious gravy sauce and a side of eggs and mixed greens.
Skirt Steak and Eggs
 The skirt steak was tasty and had no fat on it, which I definitely prefer. Overall, I was very satisfied with my meal, it didn’t look like a lot initially but I couldn’t finish it all.
        
Once the waitress understood the bottomless mimosas, she kept them coming. We even finished our meal within an hour, yet sat around chatting and drinking mimosas for another thirty minutes. My only complaint is that the mimosas were super weak. I could barely taste any champagne and never once got a buzz from them. Thumbs down to the bartender.

            The owners are a husband and wife team. The husband is the chef, he passed our table a few times and said, “bon appetit” to us.
Sign Outside the Kitchen Window
The wife is the hostess and runs the floor. We felt welcomed by them and the French atmosphere they’ve created in the heart of Brooklyn.

Bottomless 2
Food 4.5
Service 4.5
Overall Experience 3.6

My boyfriend made an excellent choice for our anniversary! We will definitely visit Hill Café again!

XOXO,

Brunch Chic


P.S. Thank you for a great brunch experience, and all that you do Marcus. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
Marcus & I

1 comment:

  1. Great day with an amazing woman. Although the mimosas weren't up to out standards the food and atmosphere made up for it. We will definitely be visiting them again!

    ReplyDelete